Thanks to www.thextraordinary.org/danielle-fong
WHY DANIELLE FONG IS EXTRAORDINARY
Our planet has a lot of things to offer us, than when you look at history, countless developments and improvements have been made to make life more convenient for mankind. However, there are some times when developments slow down because of stagnation and the fear of change. Fortunately, there are those, who even in their young age continues to build upon what others have started and never stops looking for ways to make things better, people like Danielle Fong.
BEING DANIELLE FONG: HER CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Danielle Fong is a young entrepreneur and scientist who is most popular for being one of the founders of LightSail Energy, Inc., an organization focused on improving technology for the betterment of people’s lives. Since she started her work, Danielle has greatly inspired many budding young scientists to stand up and not let the obstacles keep them from making their mark in changing the world.
Because of her determination and courage to face disappointments for the sake of advancing science, Danielle has been recognized and awarded by many publications and institutions. Among these are being included in Forbes Magazine’s “30 under 30” list, being named as one of the “Top 35 Innovators Under 35” by the MIT Technology Review, and honored among the “30 People Under 30 Who are Changing the World” by TIME Magazine, to name a few.
THE LIFE OF AN UNSTOPPABLE FORCE OF DEVELOPMENT
Danielle’s story is unique and extraordinary – she dropped from school when she was twelve years old, but not because of normal reasons like lack of finances or interest – rather, she was so ready for advanced studies that she entered her college studies at twelve, earning her degree five years later. She also dropped out of her doctorate studies, but later on went to become one of the most popular figures in the world of science and technology for her work.
Danielle says this in an interview when she was asked about her greatest accomplishment:
“Honestly, the two proudest moments in my life were dropping out of junior high and dropping out of graduate school. I’ll always remember to listen to myself if something’s just not feeling right – and I’ll always remember to strive to find something that does. I don’t know if that qualifies as an achievement, in the common idiom, but it’s something I’m proud of.”
All of this, because of her unyielding determination to improve the lives of others and her courage to stand against even the biggest of disappointments in her career. Danielle’s attitude towards failure is very remarkable – for her, failures do not keep you from succeeding – rather, they are there so you can figure out how to become more successful. Because of this, Danielle was able to stand back up and move nearer to the success that she has always been hoping for, in spite of all the disappointments that she faced along the way.
DANIELLE’S LEGACY: A BETTER WORLD
Danielle’s work may not seem that huge now, but in ten years or more, people would look back and say, ‘look at the things we enjoy today because someone like Danielle Fong stood up and not let her disappointments keep her from fighting for her dream of improving technology.’ Her story is an inspiration for everyone that if you keep on believing, there is nothing that will ever hold you back from achieving your goal.
“In five years, I hope to have caused the replacement of fossil fuels sufficient to power ten thousand people. In ten, I hope to have made renewables the economical choice for almost everywhere on our planet. And I hope to have helped hundreds of young entrepreneurs follow their dreams, and strike out, toward the unknown.”
10 REASONS WHY DANIELLE FONG IS EXTRAORDINARY
- Danielle Fong is a co-founder and chief scientist of LightSail Energy, a highly successful organization that aims to improve technologies, more particularly the energy area, for the benefit of mankind.
- She entered college at age 12 and graduated with honors at only age 17.
- She left school twice, but emerged to become one of the most successful young scientists today.
- She was named by the MIT Technology Review as one of the “Top 35 Innovators Under 35 of 2012”.
- Her idea of using Compressed Air Energy Storage, once shunned by many experts, is now being widely accepted in the energy field.
- She was included in the “30 People Under 30 Who are Changing the World” by TIME Magazine.
- She was named as one of the “Sexiest Scientists Alive” by the Business Insider.
- Her remarkable resilience, determination and courage has enabled her to move forward in spite of the disappointments and criticisms she faced.
- She was named as one of Forbes Magazine’s “30 under 30” energy standouts.
- She became a member of the Thiel Fellowship.